Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Monster Mash

Today we made collaborative monsters to add to our Halloween house. In the art world we call this type of collaboration exquisite corpse. I am not sure why  it is called this but it makes it sound even more monsterish in my opinion. How it works is you have a sheet of paper that is split into three sections. The first student draws a head in the top section then they fold it back and pass it to a neighbor. Then the next student draws the torso. They fold that over and then pass it for a last time to a neighbor for the legs.  In the end you get a monster with two or three heads maybe five arms and tentacles for legs or what ever else the students are creative enough to draw. Mrs. Keeles class is especially creative so i will post some pictures of our monsters for you to see.







5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed the opportunity to visit the class you are working in and really liked seeing how engaged the students were and how well you work with the classroom teacher. Thanks - Doug Allen

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun idea! It looks like the kids are loving it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The students totally loved this art activity. When it was time to clean up they were sad. I observed that some of my more challenging students were highly engaged and able to express themselves creatively. While the students were drawing, I turned on some music and I think that it helped them to get their creative juices flowing. I liked how Priscilla modeled how to do this project and also created a primary and complementary colors powerpoint to share with the students. Priscilla also allowed the students to choose the medium that they used to decorate their monster pictures. Some students used crayons, oil pastels, chalk pastels, or all three mediums. Awesome project Priscilla!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this exquisite corpse idea! So "halloweeny" and I'm totally going to use the composition idea for a creating dance activity in my future classroom! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete